Friday 13 December 2013

LAND DAYS: HEALTHY COCONUT FREEZER SQUARES

A lot of you were interested in and checked out my post on the [Healthy Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge] i made so i thought i would try out another healthier, no bake dessert recipe! The recipe is for coconut squares and was referred to me by my friend Taylor from the blogger [Chocolate Covered Katie]. These squares are unreal. They're so chewy and tasty along with being quick to put together, a huge success for me. I think i like them even better than the peanut butter fudge!

Jess.
______


HEALTHY COCONUT FREEZER SQUARES

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup shredded and unsweetened coconut
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 2 TBSP softened coconut oil 
  • 1/2 TSP pure vanilla extract
  • 1/8 TSP salt
DIRECTIONS:
  • Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. If you have a food processor it would work great but i hand mixed mine and it worked just fine. Empty mix into a small container and squish with a fork. 
  • Place in freezer for 20 minutes. You can store the squares in either the freezer or fridge. I personally like mine a bit harder so i keep them in the fridge!

YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment